About Five Loaves Food Service
Five Loaves Food Service was established on September 7th 1997. We started in a church kitchen servicing 40 children. Over the years we have grown supplying many daycare centers, schools, after school programs and senior centers. Now closing in on our 23rd year we are servicing 6,000 meals per day at over 60 locations.
After spending six years in a store front in Elmont, NY, Five Loaves moved to Inwood, New York where we currently own a 5000 sq ft facility. We currently have 20 employees who work in various capacities. Currently we are servicing programs from the North Bronx through the Hamptons.
Five Loaves Food Service is currently certified with:
- The National Minority Supplier Development Council/New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council as a Minority Business Enterprise.
- Minority Business Enterprise through the New York State Department of Economic Development, Division of Minority and Women's Business Development.
- New York City Department of Small Business Services certified Minority-Owned Business Enterprise.
As we know early March 2020, life as we know it has taken a drastic change in the way we live and do business due to Covid- 19. We have remained open to service the kids & families of essential workers that were in need of our service.
We have incorporated the CDC and Health Department covid- 19 standards and practices. These new procedures help us to ensure the safety of our staff, customers, & anyone we come in contact with.
- All employees, vendors or anyone who enters our facilities will be required to have a temperature check upon arrival.
- We have supplied mask to all employees. Vendors and visitor is required to wear a mask while in our facilities.
- Social Distancing practices are in place at our facility and delivery drivers.
- We offer meals to be made per classroom or individually packaged per request. (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Beverages)
- We will help each customer to design the best practices on food delivery.